Tuesday, May 29, 2007

two weeks

Here I am with two weeks until I depart for Seattle where I will be visiting my child friend Megan for a few days followed by a flight the 15th for Nome, Alaska. I have been keeping track of the weather and it seems rather pleasant on the peninsula, with temperatures in the low fifties for highs and high thirties for the low. Talk about a major climate change! San Antonio will get down to the thirties if it is the 'dead' of winter. Hickory, NC did get cooler but not by much.
I am not stressing about heading up there, I know that the LORD will provide. I have faith in Him that I will arrive safely.
This is a fantastic oppurtunity that I am incredibly blessed to experience! I realized that I am going to get the oppurtunity to cover the Iditarod dog sled race .
When I had my last internship at a radio station in Lenoir, NC I helped cover the local elections. I throughly enjoyed this task of being around the constant updates and twists races made. Needless to say it was exciting.
With this political season the already controversial things are sure to get even more interesting!

Here I go with two weeks left around everything that I am used to.
Glorious Father God, thank you for this adventure!

2 comments:

Jesse Zink said...

"Rather pleasant" is the understatement of the year! It is absolutely GLORIOUS up here and has been for quite some time. 50 degrees is shorts and sandals weather for me now. (The kids put them on at about 25 or 30.)

Look forward to meeting you soon. Don't bring any bad weather with you ;).

-Jesse

mercille said...

Kristina,

I got a copy of your graduation news flash today. I am so proud of you!!!! Please try to find me beofre you leave SA. I am teaching summer school ... Hugs, Wis!