Friday, September 21, 2007

Bread!

This past Sunday the 16th a former KNOM volunteer that still lives in Nome came over to the house and educated me in the fine art of bread and jam making. It was amazing! Needless to say I had a GREAT time and I throughly enjoyed learning what all goes into making homemade bread and jam. Also, the bread just tastes so much better! I mean who knew? It does take a few hours but it was worth it, while we waited at various times for the four loaves to rise I learned how to make peach spice jam. I know I am going to be little miss suzie homemaker...


yeah, right.

I am also LEARNING how to play the guitar. Right now I am learning off of my church's extra one so I only really get to practice 2 times a week. Thanks to a friend at the weather service here in Nome I am learning to play 'Smelly Cat'... if you know the show FRIENDS you know what I am talking about. It is a grand old time.

No comments: