Friday, September 21, 2007

New Assignment

Well I officially have taken over a hour long show titled 'Music Detour'. Basically, I take a look down the 'musical road less traveled' if you will. My first one was on Texas singers and songwriters. So I only did the best. Check out the line up:
Guy Clark
Selena
Buddy Holly
Willie Nelson
ZZ Top
Destiny's Child

Yes, that is right. Only the best representation for Western Alaska! The next one is going to be done for broadcast next Friday the 28th. My topic? I am heading to the Foothills. The place that I miss deeply, the Blue Ridge Mountains. My genre is going to be 'Bluegrass of the Blue Ridge' and I am excited.
I really learned to appreciate bluegrass in North Carolina- so I felt the need to spread the love.
We have a full house now. Our final volunteer, Jacob, arrived this morning. He will be a News Reporter here at KNOM.
If you are interested in checking out the things we are doing do nto forget to check out the website: www.knom.org
Over the next few months we should be getting a internet face lift so visit often!

No comments: