Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Increased Carbon Footprint

I now have a vehicle in the Twin Cities!

It has been one long year, and I really have not gotten you an update. Well, here is some information in a nutshell:

1. I ended up not working for AmeriCorps, but an education company focused on connecting students to their future.
2. I now have my own apartment, conveniently, between St. Paul and Minneapolis.
3. I recently bought a Jeep. Now, I know this is not the most efficient vehicle, but in the words of my parents 'You can move yourself next time... and pull a trailer so we don't have to mail 15 boxes.' I suppose they no longer want to participate in my moving.

I have really grown to love the Twin Cities. I have gone camping just 20 minutes outside the cities, visited museums and I love the libraries here. The downtown library in Minneapolis is a site to behold and an experience.

I also work at a small boutique in St. Paul on the weekends, so that is a nice break in between my communications with educators during the week.

I have also started volunteering at KFAI, a community radio station in Minneapolis. What can I say? I can't get radio out of my head. In that realm, I'm also working toward a certificate in broadcast engineering.

I am sad that this amazing Minnesota summer is coming to an end.

I will be more diligent about my posts this next year. Make sure to shoot me an email or give me a call if you are going to be in the Twins, I would love to show you around.

No comments: