Saturday, July 7, 2007

Midnight Sun/ City Claustrophobia

The midnight sun is beginning to have an impact on my sleep. My body sees how nice and amazing it is outside and my brain tells me that midnight is already late enough to be heading to bed with a full day of work ahead. The ability to go on a walk at midnight is so freeing.
I was thinking about how odd it would be already to go driving on a highway, walk in a mall, or sit at a busy restaurant. With the gorgeous tundra to my left and the open sea to my right this place makes you feel like you are cannot be contained. No wonder people fall in love with the 'Last Frontier.'
Everything just goes on into endless beauty.
There are no city buildings blocking a landscape or a highway preventing you from seeing the open land.
This is a whole different place entirely.
If anyone is interested in coming to visit me feel free to email me. Remember though, there are sometimes when people cannot really travel in, and sometimes are better than others for prices. I would imagine the Iditarod is probably not the cheapest time to visit Nome...

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hi Krisitna,
The Fitch family just read your latest blog. The kids want to know if that is snow in the pictures on your facebook page with the musk ox. It finally stopped raining in SA. Glad you are enjoying the beauty of Alaska. Fitches

Ross said...

Yes that is snow...:)