Friday, August 17, 2007

KNOM's many activites

There are many amazing aspects of KNOM. That is why it is hard for me to display to you everything at once. If you are in the lower 48 it might be hard to decipher how life would be without phones, running water, or electricity. We reach so many areas like that and it is important for us to stay awake on issues and current events around Alaska. I however, have all of those things so it is sometimes hard to really imagine that still...
On a lighter note, one of the programming ideas we all take part in are the KNOM Crew Picks. This is where I might take a song and talk about it a little. Perhaps a little history or just a personal reflection. I have done Simon and Garfunkel's 'Sounds of Silence' and 'Free' by Shawn McDonald. The great thing is that we are not required to stay in any particular genre, so I can pluck music from anywhere I desire- as long as it is appropriate of course.
To my Lower 48 supporters, remember, feel free to email me and ask any questions. I have already received some interesting ones, so I do not think many will bother me.

No comments: