Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Nome is Home

I really feel that I have now settled into Nome, Alaska. I am starting to see familiar faces on the street and on the way to the post office.
We are getting ready to say goodbye to a key part of the Nome community, Jesse Zink. He will be venturing to South Africa in missions and our prayers follow him to the clinic that he will be serving.
Nome has some wonderful opportunities for involvement. If church is not your forte then there are things like the Arts Council, helping out at the schools, Choir in the holiday months, hiking in the midnight sun, community activities coming out of every corner. I already can see how it would be difficult not to become involved in some way, shape, or form at some point. I think that people would have to avoid situations completely in order to avoid getting involved or even asked.

No comments: