Friday, October 19, 2007

Weather, Passing Time

Well the current debate is 'Will the snow stick?' Well local Nomites say yes... we shall see. I know you are excited, and I will keep you posted.

There are days when the temperatures rise above freezing and the snow begins to melt. However, the mercury drops in the evening when the sun starts to set, and now that is during the seven o'clock evening hour, so the melting snow turns to ice. Awesome for walking let alone running.
I am succeeding in this department, despite very little prior ice experience. This is due to a simple piece of equipment, called Trax. I simply place it on the bottom of my boots and it wraps around sides and the bottom has metal coils that help me walk in the ice and snow. Pretty handy and worth every penny.

KNOM has a Christmas play that airs every year and a former KNOM volunteer who is a creative writing professor writes it every year. This half hour program is edited by the production director. Yes, that would be me. So I will be working long hours on this begining in late November in order to have it done on time. The past plays have won awards and it is used in the submission for the Radio Station of the Year Award,which KNOM has won 13 of the past 15 years. No pressure.

Despite these things I am still enjoying everything in Nome. I have picked knitting back up again and I am trying to learn Hebrew. If I think that I am going to dig deep into scripture, I need to learn at least a little of the language it was written in.

My roommates and I do not watch too much television, however, netflix envelopes litter the coffee table as well as our time. So, if you have a movie recommendation please feel free to pass it on, we would be delighted.

Driving outside of Nome at the point is not an option, so I am probably here til the break up of the ice occurs in the spring and the roads are maintained once again. Cabin fever anyone?

No comments: