Sunday, June 17, 2007

Just another day.



Today so far is amazing. All my room mates have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and show me around Nome. Today I attended a methodist Church here in Nome with a volunteer Jesse, who is going to Africa in August. Everyone was genuinely friendly. There were 30 missionaries there beginning their two weeks stay working at the church.

I did the doxology in an Inuit dialect and they also sang a song too. Talk about being immersed in a new culture. This is exciting, I thrive ofF these new experiences.

I also got a tour of the station, so I got to see all the production rooms and the on-air facilities. KNOM's equipment is rather impressive for a non-profit station. They have up to date software as well. There are many stations that I have been to that have had programs and equipment so outdated that it does hinder their delivery. I am anxious to learn the new programs.

I am so excited to see what the LORD has in store for me. This is AMAZING!

2 comments:

Kathleen Kidd said...

GO SPURS GO

Phil said...

Huzzah for singing in an Inuit dialect! That is amazing. Keep it up.