Monday, June 25, 2007

Salsa Weekend



This past weekend the Nome Arts Council brought in a 9 member salsa band that played and taught salsa all weekend. I danced Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights to some amazing music, and I got to use some of my south Texas dance skills! This weekend was amazing!
Saturday was the Polar Bear Plunge where people gather on Nome's East beach and jump into the Bering Sea! You had to be soaked from head to toe to receive an Achievement Certificate, yes I received one... of course! It was 40 degrees outside and I am staying ignorant to how cold the water was. In that case ignorance is bliss.

So far in Nome, Alaska I have experinced:

Mucktuck - a delicacy of whale fat... it was not too bad
The Bering Sea- awww freezing my body in another body of water! My legacy continues...
The Midnight Sun- It is light when I wake up, light when I go to work, light when I eat dinner, light when I go to bed, light when I sleep... you get the picture.
Salsa Dancing in Nome... crazy.
SQUARE DANCING lessons in Nome, I cannot escape.

No comments: