Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Midnight Hike

I just returned from hiking, and when we left the mountain it was 11... at night. The land here is gorgeous and to have this opportunity to see this land is amazing.
I went with the other KNOM volunteers and some people in the community, I could not believe my eyes half the time. The scenery was something off a digital image of a postcard. Alaska is a land of so much beauty in not only the native cultures but also the background.
The long days are great for outside activity, but that does hurt for work in the morning!
The downside is that since I only have 2 pairs of pants right now, I wore my jeans hiking and they definitely ripped in an inappropriate place... so it is khakis until I can make it to the thrift shop in the area that is open for only one hour a week, Thursday cannot come soon enough!
On my day off yesterday I also ventured to east beach where I looked for sea glass.

Yes, I am in a wonderful place meeting amazing people, and gaining Christian fellowship with each passing day. I am feeling more blessed then ever. I still appreciate the prayers with all of my en devours, and know that everyone back in the lower 48 and currently some in Europe are always in mine.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Kristina,
Your dad forwarded your blog site to us. I was asking him on Sunday how you were faring at the top of the world! On our way to China two weeks ago, we flew over Alaska, maybe Nome??, and thought of you! It was amazing scenary! It sounds like you've gotten off to an exciting start! Take care!
Chrissy Fitch

Ginger Brendler said...

Kristina,
It sounds like you are having a great time! It has been raining in San Antonio everyday so I am living through your outdoor adventures. Enjoy!