Tuesday, June 19, 2007

my first few days...

I have begun observing and looking over all of my manuals and requirements of me while I am a staff member of KNOM. Everything is looking to be quite a challenge, but a welcoming one. I am excited to learn and begin in the production duties, creating spots, conducting interviews and ect.
I found out that the news reporter is not the only one that will fly to outlying villages to do interviews. I will have opportunities to venture out into western Alaska to cover festivals or various cultural events. With these adventures I am told that you normally take a change of clothes, the equipment, food and a sleeping bag. This is all due to the fact that you will spend the night there or even get stuck. You typically will be sleeping on a school classroom floor and possibly without a shower available. This is going to be quite an adventure.
With the various awards the station has received in the past I have rather large shoes to fill. I am most definitely not treated just as a volunteer, I am to be a professional, which is intimidating but this is why I chose this program. The opportunities for adventure and growth are endless. I only have to be willing to seek them all out.

3 comments:

David E. Herrington said...

All eyes face north. We eagerly await your next assignment or adventure. Keep us posted.

Ginger Brendler said...

Kristina, I am so proud of you! I am sorry that I missed you in San Antonio, I would love to give you a big hug. I am so excited that you are so adventersome and are following your dreams. You go girl!

Kathleen Kidd said...

I am so proud of you! I wish that I was there! Texas is great, but hot! Please keep me posted on every single delightful moment of your adventure.
mom